The Future of Thrift Shopping
Join Pete and David as they dive into the twists and turns of the direct-to-consumer thrift clothing industry with Topper Luciani, founder of Goodfair. Learn about how the rising popularity of thrift shopping has unveiled the harmful effects of the clothing industry that fast fashion has created for our society and planet. Topper dives into why he's dedicated his life (and created Goodfair) to save the planet through thrifting.
Learn about Topper's journey, from buying and reselling used ties on Ebay, to building the skills of a savvy entrepreneur in the clothing industry. Topper’s successes and failures led him to founding Goodfair, an online used clothing store with a mission to "save the world with thrift."
In this interview, Topper explains his perspectives on branding as a form of communication, his insights on essential tools that every direct-to-consumer brand should utilize, and his personal philosophy that guides his life as well as his business.
Entrepreneurial Tools for the Road:
- Klaviyo: A marketing platform that helps eCommerce store owners deliver a more personalized experience for their customers through automated email and SMS pathways.
- ShipStation: A shipping software for eCommerce fulfillment, exceptionally efficient at syncing, managing, and shipping orders with detailed analytics.
- CartHook: A private Shopify application which enables online vendors to build customizable one-page checkouts and post-purchase one-click upsells.
- Kustomer: A new type of CRM for customer service that uses data-driven processes so clients can resolve conversations quickly across a wide variety of platforms.
Books our guest swears by:
- Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill
Principles, by Ray Dalio