Leading An Entrepreneurial State
"Too often in government, success is winning the next damn election."
Learn about Ned's pivot into politics, and how he measures success as Governor of the State of Connecticut. Governor Lamont shares his personal experiences as he led the state through the pandemic, delving into how he designed a strategy that helped Connecticut have one of the best outcomes in the country. In the end of the episode, Governor Lamont shares his ideas for the future of entrepreneurship in his state.
Here's the timestamps for the episode:
- (00:00) - Intro
- (1:00) - Early Years As A Journalist
- (4:21) - Founding Campus Televideo
- (6:11) - Pivoting From Entrepreneurship To Politics
- (7:10) - How Does A Politician Measure Success?
- (9:10) - How To Lead Through A Pandemic
- (11:05) - Why Did Connecticut Do Well During the Pandemic?
- (12:10) - Tips To Develop Entrepreneurial Skills
- (13:51) - Dealing With Mental Health During A Crisis
- (18:00) - How I Built My Administration
- (19:58) - What Is The Future Of Entrepreneurship In Connecticut?
- Website: https://portal.ct.gov/Office-of-the-Governor
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/govnedlamont
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/GovNedLamont